Add a hint of Bohemian flair to your style with this easy-to-make, unique necklace. This season’s style calls for bold accents and this 40 long strand of round and square brown wooden beads is the ultimate accessory. Create one of the hottest trends in fashion with this alluring piece of jewelry. Enjoy the hand crafted necklace yourself, or give it as a gift.
- Ten – 1 inch round wooden beads
- Nine – ¾ inch square wooden blocks
- 3 yards round leather lace (1 mm thick)
- 1/16 inch drill bit
- Walnut acrylic paint by Delta
- Gel Wood Stain Home Décor by Delta
- Rag to apply stain
1.Drill hole through the center of each of the square beads.
2. Stain round beads with Walnut paint by applying dab of paint to rag and rubbing over bead. After one minute, wipe off paint with clean section of rag. If not dark enough, reapply, until bead is the color you like. (Should be fairly dark.)
3. Next, using same method as above, apply Gel Wood Stain to square beads, until you get a light brown color. The necklace looks best if square beads are several shades lighter than round beads.
4. After beads dry, begin threading beads with one end of the leather lace. Start with a round bead and then a square bead, alternating until you have all beads threaded with leather (should end with a round bead).
5. Pick up long end of leather and bring it to first round bead on strand. After leaving about 8 of leather to tie at neckline, tie a bow knot at the top of the bead with both the strand on leather that’s through the bead and the loose piece.
Bring the leather across the outside of bead and tie another bow knot at the bottom of the round bead. You should bend up with a piece of leather going through the hole in the bead and a piece going across the outside of the bead, with knots at both ends of the bead hole. Leaving about 5/8 of leather between beads, tie another know with both strands of leather at the top of the square bead. Repeat the same tying process as described above with each of the beads. After tying off the last knot at the last round bead, but both sides of the leather ends (four strands in all) leaving about 8 of leather. Finish off by tying a knot at the end of these pieces, which would be at the back of your neck, when wearing the necklace.
From the first time I sewed the buttons on backward and clipped a hole in the front of my first blouse in high school home economics, I’ve been hooked on sewing. I have been sewing and making crafts for over 40 years and enjoy the process of creating something unique and exactly what I want.
Hopefully, you to will also have fun making projects which will add warmth and charm to your home or touch a special someone with your unique gift.
- 2023.01.08QuiltingBest Iron-on Batting For Quilting, According To Quilters Everywhere
- 2023.01.08All CraftsDiscovering The Best Sewing Tool: A Guide To Finding The Perfect Tube Turner
- 2023.01.08QuiltingBest Floral Fabric Panels For Quilting That Will Make It A Work Of Art
- 2023.01.08All CraftsDiscovering The Right Power Cord And Pedal For Your Singer Sewing Machine